Thursday, February 25, 2010

Whimsy

We are in the planning process of converting an old building on the property into a playhouse for our kids.  This had me doing some research into playhouse ideas.  Personally I don't care for the fancy "everything perfect" playhouses that look like little mini-mansions.  I think kids need to use their imaginations a little!  Which also works out well with our low budget needs.  LOL!

But, while doing some research I happened to stumble upon some thing somewhat related; the absolutely lovely creations by Arther Millican Jr.  He is a former Disney artisan who has set up shop in northern Georgia where he designs and produces whimsical fairy houses and related items.  He has a family run business called Sleepy Hollow Enterprises, and according to his website they offer free admission to their "enchanted garden", where you can take your kids and explore, then visit the gift shop, workshop, and artist supply shop.

Here is one of his creations:


Doesn't it make you feel imaginative just looking at it?  I love it!

Here's a link to his website if you'd like to find out more  www.whimsicalfairygarden.com


1 comment:

  1. What an absolutely great little whimsical house! I'd love to visit his "enchanted garden". Will check out the web site. Thanks for the info and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete